The South West Sports Centre offers a number of features that give accessibility opportunity at the centre. Owned and operated by the City of Bunbury which embraced the vision of “MARCIA”. MARCIA is an acronym for the City’s aspiration to be the Most Accessible Regional City In Australia by 2020. In line with this aspiration the City is committed to ensuring that accessibility and inclusivity is at the forefront of everything they do including improving access to all its facilities.
- Accessible parking is available in the North and South Carparks at the Centre
- Two drop off bays are located at the South Carpark with direct access to the main entry via ramp or steps
- Lift access to the mezzanine level (Meeting rooms and Cycle Studio) and Gym level
- Companion Card affiliated; people who use a Companion Card can bring a carer along at no charge. Please note that a valid Companion Card must be presented on request at each visit to the Centre, South West Sports Centre endorses this initiative with the expectation that the companion/carer will assist their companion as and when required
- Electric Mobility Device (Gopher) recharge point – entry foyer.
Aquatic Accessibility Options
- Entry and exit doors to the Pool Hall are sensor activated
- Ramp access from entry area to pool deck level
- Walk in and water wheel chair access to 25m leisure pool (Depth 0m to 1m) Please see image here
- Stairway access into 50m pool Please see image here
- Portable hoist into 25m & 50m pools. Please speak to a life guard for assistance. Weight rating 136kg. Please see image here
- Hoist into spa, please see image here, can be operated by patrons. Weight rating 120kg
- 2 x water accessible wheelchairs, weight rating 120kg for smaller chair and 200kg for larger chair, please see image here
- Three accessible change rooms with up to adult change facilities:
- Two accessible change rooms have hoists with 200kg weight rating (located on pool deck level near spa area) both these change rooms have automatic access doors.
- The hoists track between toilets & change tables, please see image here
- Please note that slings are not supplied by SWSC, all patrons must bring their own sling. SWSC staff are able to show location of hoist and demonstrate how to operate when requested, but not to assist with transfers from and to mobility devices.
- The two pool deck level accessible change rooms both have RH transfer toilets.
- One accessible change room on the entry level deck has adult size change table, shower facilities and LH transfer toilet. This change room does not have an automatic door.
- Shower chairs and adult change tables and baby change tables in each accessible change room.
Gym Accessibility OptionsAccessibility Options
- Hand Cycle – staff assistance available to adjust machine to suit.
- Cable machine with wheelchair access
- Variety free weights, barbells, medicine balls, Smart Tech weight plates, and variety of resistance bands.
- Opportunity to access Smith Machine in non-peak times.
- Accessible change room, shower & toilet - RH transfer
Fit for Life Exercise Studio (please note this room is only available under instructor supervision- SWSC reserves the right to guide participants to the most suitable class for the safety and enjoyment of all participants)
- Cable Machine wheel chair accessibility
- Variety of free weights, barbells, medicine balls, Smart Tech weight plates and variety resistance bands
Sports Stadium Accessibility
- Ramp access
- Ambulant male and female toilets & showers
- Wheelchair seating available during SWSC events on ground and mezzanine level in Grandstand area
Group Fitness Room Accessibility
- Accessible toilet - LH transfer (in entry foyer)
Please see image of SWSC map of accessible toilets here